Welcome to the completely renovated James C. Sheffield Speed Skating Oval! Here you can skate circles around your friends and family on the same ice where Eric Heiden won an astounding five Olympic gold medals in 1980! The Speed Skating Oval is one of the few outdoor rinks of its kind left in the country and it sits in the heart of Lake Placid, adjacent to the Olympic Center. The facility just underwent a major revitalization, including updates to the refrigeration system, which will enable a longer and more consistent skating season.
Come and check out the improvements.
Opening for the season Friday, November 25 (conditions allowing)!
Friday, November 25:
- Speed Skating – 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Public Skating – 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Saturday, November 26 & Sunday, November 27:
- Speed Skating – 10:00 am – 12:00 pm & 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Public Skating – 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm & 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Tickets will be available online soon! Please purchase on site in the meantime.
- Fri/Sat/Holiday: $20
- Sun – Thurs: $12
- Kids 6 and Under: FREE
- Skate Rentals: $10
2022/23 Season Pass Rates:
- Public Skater Season Pass: $50 (Public Sessions only)
- Speed Skater Season pass: $150 (Speed Skating Sessions and Public Sessions with regular skates)